Search this blog

Monday, April 3, 2017

Crossbowmen mounted & on foot

Here I present two units of crossbowmen for my late 15th century medieval forces for Lion Rampant.

First there is a unit of 8 mounted crossbowmen from the Upper-Bavarian town of Ebersberg. 

The town had a Benedictine monastery, as well as a castle, from which the Count of Sempt-Ebersberg ruled the environs. The is destined to see service along my Landsknechts, as well as my Swiss.

The miniatures are by Wargames Foundry and especially like the smaller horses and dynamic poses of the riders.  

Then there is a 12 man unit of Crossbowmen with pavises from the duchy of Burgundy. They will be part of my Burgundian Ordnance Army when gaming the Wars of Chales the Bold/Burgundian Wars.


The Miniatures are from the excellent Perry Plastics European Mercenaries 1450-1500 set with the addition of helmet feathers and an old Warhammer head for the captain. One half of the pavises are painted freehand, the other half has paper decals from the box. I really like the look of pavises!


No comments:

Post a Comment